[Shotimes] Radiator Fan Motor Woes

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:58:10 -0600

Rob:
 First check your old fan to see if it spins by hand or not. You could have
worn out bearings in the motor or worn out brushes or both. So you could try
and replace these locally. Several people have done this at a low price.
With the age of the car I would change the whole unit. If you want to change
the entire fan assembly you might consider using a aftermarket replacement.
For your MTX SHO I have P/N 771-19114 Perma-Cool. It's about $85 from Jegs.
Look at it here:
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=6883&prmenbr=361

It is suppose to mount on the stock shroud with little to no modifications.
You will need to change the plug to match yours. Plus the 14" fan has cool
Aluminum blades!
.
.

> If it's not one thing, it's another.
>
> My 90MTX was running hot.  Radiator ended up busting a seam due to age and
> corrosion, etc.  Made for a lot of excitement when it went.  Anyway,
> replaced the rad.  Car is running nice and cool as long as it's moving.
In