[Shotimes] Stock Ford SHO Front Springs

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:36:02 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Fred, The choice is either one of preference or necessity.  If you intend to
keep your car stock, then OEM springs are fine.  I liked the way my car
drove when it was new (I'm also an original owner), and the car magazines
were always complimentary of the SHO for driving impressions.

However things changed and I wanted more from my SHO.  When I started on the
journey to modify my SHO, things changed a lot.  For instance, I started
with suspension mods first and people were in favor of either Koni or Tokico
shocks.  At the time I did this, and I think the recommendation still stands
today, you shouldn't use these shocks with the factory springs, so the
choice was Eibach springs to work with the Tokicos I purchased.  There are
other choices now as you see.

Furthermore, when you get into this area, there are other pitfalls because
you've now disturbed the geometry of the suspension because the Eibach
springs lower the car substantially, and now have to account for differences
in camber/caster settings.

So if none of this interests you and you want to keep the stock handling of
your SHO, I see no problem with the Ford springs.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo