(OT) GTO was RE: [Shotimes] impala ss

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:54:13 -0600

I have had one on order since last June I think.  Still no
word of where it is.

Silver 6-speed was what I chose.  Yes, it is a bit heavy,
and they mounted the gas tank up high in the trunk to pass
US safety specs (Aussies mount it low under the trunk like
zillions or early US cars, and some still are).  That raises
the center of gravity some and makes the trunk unpractical
for anything big.

Still, the car handles well, seems to have a high standard
of quality and goes like stink.  Stealth factor isn't a bad
thing either.  Price is decent for the performance level.
Another advantage is a bunch of hi-po parts for the
suspension from Australia all ready to go, plus hundreds of
low-price options for more HP from the GM small block forces.

Check out:
http://www.newagegto.com

to read more about it.  Everyone that has taken delivery so
far seems to be madly in love with the torque, sound and the
seats!

I am not sure I will accept mine, got to see how it feels
but on paper it looks good.  I would like my next car to
have a lot of HP and be RWD.  Not ready for a vette and
would like to stay with something at least sold by a mostly
American company, but the other cars I am considering are
the Infinity GS35 4-door, the RX8, but these are both very
japanese.  Caddy CTS-V is to pricy, I have had a Mustang so
even the new version isn't really what I want.  Not much
else out there.  Lincoln LS?  Not really enough HP, and a
big cramped inside, no manual behind the V8.

Don Mallinson