Aw Come On Now.......was: Re: [Shotimes] Trunk Weatherstripping

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:20:10 -0800

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:44:53 -0600, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>Sometimes used parts are a good deal, but in this case,
>rubber gets brittle with time, and this is a part that was
>so poorly designed and placed that it tears easily if you
>don't really watch how people put things into and out of the
>  trunk.  Get a new one.

I keep forgetting how severe weather east of the Sierra Nevadas can affect things in
ways that we don't even think about out here.  The weatherstripping I get here that
is suitable (that is, not already worn out due to extensive use by the original
owner) to remove from old cars is just as good as what can be bought new, and is
1/10th the price.....like I said, you need 10 or so cars on average to find one good
piece for each location.

If anyone out there needs weatherstripping and is willing to use what I get
unlimited usage out of (so far), for a fraction of what a new obsolete part costs,
let me know.  I'll go get you some.  Those of you who are into getting your cars in
as good a shape as you can, for as little an investment as you can, come visit our
PnP with me in-between events next summer....I'll show you my parts supply house.
You apparently won't believe your eyes.....!!!

Rust free doors, fenders, hoods, quarters (check out the Lowrider next summer and
try to tell how old the new rear clip is), windows, power window motors, glass,
antennas, suspension parts, headlights, markers, seats, dashes, consoles, carpets,
visors....ad nausium....    ......how the heck do you think I've been keeping the
little parts looking good on my cars....SHOs, Tbirds, Mustangs, T. Wagons, 17 year
old F-350s, etc.....for the last 30 or 40 years......not by going to dealers and
getting ripped off.....I can assure you of that!!  When Lowrider came back from
being stolen, the windshield was broken.....it has a $75 wrecking yard
special....been in there almost 8 years.

...a little bit exasperated......

George