[Shotimes] O/T ISA to PCI

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:47:03 -0500

Nope, that's not what he needs either.

The ARTIC is a multiport communication card (adapter).  It has 8 ports that
can be individually configured as RS-232 or RS-485.  You can get it in PCI
flavor or ISA flavor.  It's not an ISA-to-PCI converter.  We use a similar
card to control/communicate with multiple explosive detection systems.

James F. Ryan III

http://www.nextag.com/buyer/outpdir.jsp?nxtg=167c7f_101B753C32262DFA&doSearc
h=y&search=isa+to+pci+adapter

I wouldn't be surpriced if these adapter cards start to show up soon, at
somewhat elevated prices though. Poke around some more on Google. Post a
message to one of the newsgroups under google-groups.

Stupid suggestion probably, but sometimes there's a single ISA slot hiding
right next to a PCI slot. I've also seen the ISA slot(s) being located
completely away from the PCI slots area. Finally, some computers have a
socalled ISA expansion connector on the backside of the computer (or maybe
it's inside). It DOES NOT look like an ISA adapter slot. If you do have such
a connector, then you need to find yourself an ISA-to-ISA adapter cable.
Check your owners manual.

Michael Olsen