[Shotimes] 98 SHO Engine Failure

SHOWHAT9@aol.com SHOWHAT9@aol.com
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:59:57 EST

In a message dated 2/28/2004 3:14:42 PM Central Standard Time,
johnjweid@charter.net writes:
I have no inrest in the GIII, but I do have a question on the failure. Does
the same parts get ruined every time? Or does the failure sometimes involve
the other bank; head, pistons etc. ? What parts, specifically, are
destroyed?
http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/CamFailureLinks.htm
Pick one. Every failure of a cam sprocket in the GIII does not necessarily
toast the engine. It all depends on how fast the owner gets it shut down and
doesn't keep the car running. Kirk can give you all the gore you want about how
they eat themselves alive sometimes.

Larry E
97TR
Mods