[Shotimes] 60k austin

bjshov8@comcast.net bjshov8@comcast.net
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:13:45 +0000

Many years ago, when we had our first big fuel shortage, I bought a 1980 Chevy Citation with the 4-cyl. engine.  Mobil 1 had just come out and they were claiming big improvements in fuel economy so I bought some and put it in the Citation.  I don't think Mobil 1 even had a viscosity rating back then.  Shortly after that we lost a camshaft (actually THE camshaft since it had only 1).  I got the repairs partly covered under warranty but they claimed it was due to the oil.  I haven't used any synthetic since, but I think synthetics have proven themselves since then.