[Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, CLEANING procedure and Materials?

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:50:37 -0500

I bought a replacement filter for my Pro-M 77 about a year ago.  It is a
white colored filter, and like the Pro-M site says, I have not oiled
mine.  I would have preferred a genuine K&N replacement, but this is
supposedly a custom made size for Pro-M, the number listed on the
original K&N did not appear in their recent catalog.  I've wondered
about oiling it, but I've been knocking out the big stuff when I change
the oil, and I've put it in the dishwasher once or twice to clean it
better.  FWIW...

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 6:28 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, CLEANING procedure and
Materials?

That looks like they are just using a K&N style filter and
NOT oiling it!  This is NOT a good way to filter air.  The
oil does NOT coat the MAF element unless you get stupid with
oiling it, and the oil is essential in getting the fine
particles of dirt that can wear out a motor.

Anyone actually bought one of these to see what the filter
media is?  If just Gauze, then I would use the K&N filter
oil anyway.

Don Mallinson

Ron Porter wrote:

> Don,