[Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, CLEANING procedure and Higher mileage SHOs

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:47:22 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

That's a good point.  I knew there was something about that e-mail that
wasn't right.  There is very little impact of the air temp on the reading of
the coolant temp in my experience.  I ran my 77mm MAF for years without the
the Can, and then when I installed the Can this past year I didn't see any
impact on the engine temps.  If the temp gauge isn't easily hitting the L,
then I believe the normal course of action is to:

1) replace t-stat
2) replace temp sending unit
--
Cheers,