[Shotimes] Rod Bearing Confusion

zap@columbus.rr.com zap@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:02:56 -0500

Hopefully somebody can clear up this confusion for me.  I am in the middle of changing the rod bearings on my SHO since I was already doing a clutch replacement, and it is easiest to access the pan now.

I have removed all six sets of bearings, however I only noticed markings on the bearings as I removed the last set (the one closest to the rear of the engine).  The first 5 sets have D4H on them, and the last set D4D.  There is also a small logo.  The "oddball" set of bearings also appears to look the best of all of them.  Overall, the other bearings aren't too bad and only the top bearings even have any copper showing on them.  I can get pictures of the writing and bearings if it would be helpful to see.  What I need to know if these numbers possibly signify a different size bearing.  All of the new bearings that I have are the standard size.  Thanks in advance for any help!

-Chris
95 EG MTX (in pieces!)