[Shotimes] Car won't start after dying

Kerby Haltom kerbyh@netzero.net
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:32:16 -0500

Rod and Main bearings aren't that hard.  But if one spun, and I'd lay big
money that it did, then the crank is ruined.  So it would need to be
replaced as well.  I've never tried that with the engine in the car, and I
wouldn't.  So you'd need to pull the engine, and replace all of that.  If
you've gone to that much trouble, new rings, gaskets, etc wouldn't be that
much more work.  Then you would have rebuilt the engine, which has been the
consensus so far here...

Kerby