[Shotimes] Suspension? Advice

Barry Hayes Barry@kingcon.com
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:48:52 -0400

Hello
A need some advice on rear suspension. I will soon need to replace a
leaky rear strut. I know this means both of them. I will probably go
with Monroe Sensatracs for budget reasons and since I don't do any track
work. However the rear seems to be dragging and I am contemplating doing
the springs since the struts will be out anyway. What would be a good
swap in? Factory original? Perhaps something a bit stronger? I usually
carry a fair amount of stuff in the trunk since this is my  business
car, but I want a good ride and decent handling. I do mostly interstate
driving but I live in northern Vermont so there is also a lot of 2 lane
blacktop. I've heard of Moog cargo coils. Any opinions? What about trw
springs from autozone? Are they comparable to factory ratings & quality?

Finally, any surprises I should expect doing the struts? I have a rattle
at the top of the left strut which I suspect is a bad mount. Is this a
factory only part? Anything else I should watch out for?
Thanks in advance
Barry Hayes

95mtx all stock 120K+

--
"It's all in the mind ya know"- George Harrison