[Shotimes] (Physical) Difference between alternators?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

I think that you can physically mount them in place
with the proper bracket and pulley plus whatever else
is different between the model years. However, I seem
to recall that the wiring is different and has caused
major problems for people who have tried this as an
upgrade. I think that I asked Vadim about this once
but his response was "why would you even want to?"
After a few years of ownership, I have never really
had a problem with the 90a version on my 93 mtx so I
guess there really isn't an issue anyway. Makes me
wonder why they changed it for the 94-95's...

Ian