[Shotimes] Frequency of changing coolant in southern states.

kerbyh@netzero.net kerbyh@netzero.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:31:24 GMT

Remember folks, Anti-Freeze isn't just for cold weather anymore!

It serves as a lubricant for the water pump, and keeps the water at an acceptable pH.  That last part is important for all of us with aluminum parts.  As well as raising the boiling point and lowering the freezing point of the water.

Lately, mine gets changed when I change engines, so the length of time hasn't been a problem...

Kerby

-- "Carl Prochilo" <gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org> wrote:
wow, that's a lot of miles.

Actually my SHO has not been driven very much since I mostly worked out of
my house.  Sometimes I would go 3 days without driving.  However lately
I'm driving 40 miles per day.  For whatever reason I don't look at the
coolant the same way I look at oil or even tranny fluid, which I know is
wrong.  I just have a feeling that if I start looking at this more closely
and use the appearance of the fluid as an indicator of need to change,
then I will be doing this very often.

We still have a lot of summer left here so it will be interesting to see
if cooling performance is improved.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo