[Shotimes] SHO vs. WRX - Rolling

David Rosicke d.rosicke@snet.net
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

First time running into a WRX. I was behind a Kia
Sorento in the right lane at the light. The WRX pulled
up behind me. Three lanes go from this light onto a
major highway, with turn-offs onto side roads in the
initial 1/2 mile with slower speeds, then gradually
getting up to 65 about two miles up. There is an S at
the end of the first 1/4 - 2/3 mile.
I waited until the Kia turned off (200 feet or so,
just past the main cross-road) and nailed it. I caught
the WRX off-guard, though he caught on quick. However,
by the top of second, he was no longer pulling me and
by the time we hit the S (I was doing about 115), he
was falling rapidly behind. I slowed to 80 for the
curves, and saw him switch lanes and pick up speed. I
punched it in 4th (4K or so) and slowly pulled him
again up to 100, when I backed down due to hitting the
first batch of merging traffic. He stayed in his lane
(left side of me) and passed me with a thumbs up!

:-)

Lots of fun on the way home from work!

Disclaimer: There was NO traffic ahead of us for that
one mile or so or road, and it was one side of a
highway. My SHOs handling was flawless through the
curves (could have kept it at 100 and have in the
past), but my brakes didnt work as well as they used
to inspite of new pads and rotors in the rear. I think
its time to turn the fronts and rough up the pads
again!

TankII

P.S. I saw his windows were down as he pulled up
behind me, so I kept my A.C off to help out in the
power dept...
		LHCol_Init();			document.compose.REP.value = "";		document.compose.REPA.value = "";		document.compose.FWD.value = "";				var oDeleteTop = document.getElementById('deletetop');		oDeleteTop.onclick = Delete_Click;			var oDeleteBottom = document.getElementById('deletebottom');		oDeleteBottom.onclick = Delete_Click;			var oReplyTop = new MenuButton('replytop',Reply_Click,'replymenu',ReplyMenu_Click);		var oReplyBottom = new MenuButton('replybottom',Reply_Click,'replymenu',ReplyMenu_Click);			var oForwardTop = new MenuButton('forwardtop',Forward_Click,'forwardmenu',ForwardMenu_Click);		var oForwardBottom = new MenuButton('forwardbottom',Forward_Click,'forwardmenu',ForwardMenu_Click);				var oMoveTop = new MenuButton('movetop',Move_Click,'movemenu',DestinationFolder_Click);		var oMoveBottom = new MenuButton('movebottom',Move_Click,'movemenu',DestinationFolder_Click);