[Shotimes] Cryo Treating Rotors

James White greensho@crown.net
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:02:53 -0500

I have been using cryo treated rotors for several years now and highly
recommend this.

The '93 MTX got a '95 upgrade and a new pair of cryo treated Canadian Rotors
from Joe Scott (not the '96 upgrade, so I could use Blizzaks on a set or
basket weave wheels for the winter) and after 100k+ no problems with just a
couple of pad only changes.

The "old" '95 MTX got a set of "Power Stopper" rotors that were treated, and
they have done well for 100k.  With Carbotech pads they were real good at
Sumit Point. But these Carbotech pads suck for the street, so I switched to
a set of Porterfields.  They have been great from Blackhawk to everyday
street until I stopped driving it due to clutch issues, where-up-on these
pads have seemed to have discentragrated and filled the rotor holes solid
with pad material.

The current daily driver is David Bonds former '95 MTX.  Guess that this '96
upgrade was OEM '96 rotors and, from the color of the dust OEM Ford pads.
No problems as of yet, but I have not pushed it all that much.

The next brake set on this "new" '95 MTX will be cryo rotors and Porterfield
pads, but for the timebeing this thing is not requiring any time.  The AWAs
truck is in sore need of suspension parts and I still can't get the Moof
website parts catalog to work.  All of that on top of trying to take care of
my 87 year old father, and help take care of my 87 year old father-in-law!

These guys are like Model "T"s...  Old... Really Slow...  Need hourly
maintenance...  Leak all over the place...  But are still working, wonderful
things, ready to teach anyone some really good lessons...

regards, Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'95 MTX - 282k - lots of mods and a bad clutch (make me an offer!)
'93 MTX - 285k - few mods and starting to rust, but still runs strong!
'95 MTX - 139k - lots of mods and runs better than new!