[Shotimes] A/C Help

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:21:49 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

There is another reason you might not be getting cold air besides being
low on refrigerant.  The AC compressor clutch eventually wears enough so
that the gap to the pulley is too much for the magnetic force to overcome.
 You can check this easily by watching the compressor clutch while the car
is running with AC on.  If the clutch is not engaging, you can test the
rest of the system by taking something like a broom handle and applying a
little pressure to the clutch to watch it engage and then see if you are
getting cold air.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo