[Shotimes] Re: Indy V6

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:44:02 EDT

"well dammit, somebody used V6s! somebody did! dammit!
dammit!
V6s!
somebody!...
anybody?"

OK, we can mention the underdog Menard (Buick) V6 that gained a respectable
though not renowned Indy Car record in the mid 90s.  It was a strong qualifier
but was notorious for longevity problems.   In 1996 Danny Ongais, originally a
Hawaii "local boy", took a Menard Lola home in 7th. place in his last Indy
500 race -- I believe that was the Menard's highest finish at Indy.

Current NASCAR bad boy Tony Stewart also ran Menards on the Indy circuit
during those years, maybe that's what made him so cranky.  You know, like I'm not
gonna finish anyhow -- might as well stuff you in the wall while I'm still
running, so you won't pick up any more points on me.

cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 125k