[Shotimes] OK Jason...Here's Your Answer......was: Strut Replacement

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:53:26 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

George, I understand how it all goes together, and yes it is busy.

But to say it another way, to get access to pull the strut, you need to do
the following steps:

1)  Undo the upper connection on the sway bar link.
2)  Disconnect the outer tierod.
3)  Disconnect and pry the lower control arm from the knuckle using a
large crow bar.
4)  Remove the axle nut and move the knuckle off the axle.
5)  Remove the 3 nuts at the top of the strut tower.
6)  Remove the pinch bolt for the strut on the knuckle.

Are those all the steps, or are some unnecessary?

BTW, while it takes you 30 minutes to do both sides, I would quadruple
that for someone doing it for the first time.  : )   And no, this is not
as easy as pulling the codes from the PCM!!!
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo