[Shotimes] OK Jason...Here's Your Answer......was: Strut Replacement

ROBERT SCHIRMER 1surferbum@msn.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:18:08 -0400

George,

While I had replaced struts in the past, I never could get the ones for the
SHO off, even with your help, and had to end up paying a shop $400 to install
the struts I gave them. So yes, as you know, men respond well to videos!!!
This is your chance to become a movie star!!

Thanks
Bob

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Fourchy<mailto:krazgeo@comcast.net>
  To: shotimes@autox.team.net<mailto:shotimes@autox.team.net>
  Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 1:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] OK Jason...Here's Your Answer......was: Strut
Replacement

  On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:53:26 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), Carl Prochilo
wrote:

  >Are those all the steps, or are some unnecessary?

  Those are too many steps...the majority of them (or at least of the total
effort)
  are unnecessary.

  3) You don't have to remove the lower control arm from anything.
  4) You don't have to remove the axle.

  What you DO have to do instead of these is remove the nut and washer from
the
  tenstion strut where it connects to the LCA.  Slide the LCA back about an
inch or
  inch and a half....go up in front of the tire and give it a good kick.  This
will
  give you the capability of movement necessary to slide the knuckle off the
strut.

  This is what I have been saying for the last 8 years....LOOSEN THIS NUT (and
move
  the knuckle backwards, towards the door).....then you don't need the
crowbar, you
  don't need to take the axle nut off, and you don't have to remove the lower
ball
  joint.

  I can see it's time for a VIDEO.

  George