[Shotimes] Please help - Charging Problem

Shylo McKinsey mrfluffy02@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:22:17 -0700 (PDT)

This is just going from what I've heard/seen on the
list, and others would be able to answer your question
better, so hopefully someone who isn't at the
convention will help....but I'll try to to BS ya...
;-)

The soleniod on the starter can cause a short, thus
draining your battery. It has not happened on my SHO,
but it had happened to me personallly on my mom's '92
Sable and on my dad's '69 Mach 1. I know the Mach 1 is
a completly different designe, but on the Sable, I
believe it's starter is very similar to the starters
on our SHO's. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm
wrong. I've just always heard that starters can drain
batteries.

And as for where your ground is SUPPOSED to go, I
don't know. I'll go take a look at my Chilton's and
see what it says. Doublecheck the SHOtimes FAQ and see
if it mentions anything...

Shylo McKinsey

'91 White MTX