[Shotimes] Re: Racing V6s

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:54:54 EDT

RB:  "I worked for a Busch Series team in the early/mid 90's.  NASCAR used V6
motors in the Busch Series during that time."

Right on, I forgot about those Grand National cars.  They weren't that much
slower than the Winston Cup cars either.  I wonder how much of that speed
difference was "designed in" to the Busch cars via carb CFM limits, etc <G>  They
also had a very interesting exhaust sound due to those Buick cranks, sounded
sorta like the old-style V8 "flat cranks" to me.

Likewise, the late CART "Indy Lights" series ran GM V6s in Lola chassis
throughout its existence.

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 125k