[Shotimes] (Physical) Difference between alternators?

Neno neno@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:43:31 -0500

Thanks for the replies! I initially wanted to run the higher output
alternator in search of more charging for my UDP'd SHO with subs and amps
running out back. Problem is, I don't know whether a higher amp alternator
would help or not since we're talking very low RPM's.

I've yet to find a local shop to wind my alternator for me. Is anyone aware
of any shops (close or far) that offer such work? As with fuel pumps, I feel
the added amperage will only increase the life of the alternator and
battery. I was also questioning the increased amperage in the '94/'95 SHOs.
Perhaps it's for that very same reason?

Neno
'89 "QWIK SHO" - SHO Shop 3.2L Upgrade, 80mm MAF, SHO Shop CAI, LPM, UDP's,
SHO Shop Hi-Flow Y-Pipe, SHO Shop Cat-back, Jr Revs Clutch (dead), SHO Shop
Reinforced Motor Mounts, SHO Shop HD Subframe Mounts, Eibachs, '94 Slicers,
Rod bearings, Super High Output cracklin' speakers w/ subs.... uhh...
To be installed: Midwest 9 Puck, SHOrt Shifter, Painted intake & valve
covers, cams (coming soon)