[Shotimes] RE: Racing V6's

Neno neno@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:31:37 -0500

Really? You think the SHO motor sounds like a GM V6?! I think it's more like
a Quad 4 than a 3.8/3.4, which seem to have more of a pushrod "growl" rather
than a OHC "gurgle".. :) Or at least, this is what my fine tuned ears
hear...

On Behalf Of Peter Maggiacomo

Any motorheads out there want to explain to me why
the new Nissan 350Z sounds so high piched compared to
our Yamaha V6, which to me does'nt sound much
different
than an old GM V6. Thanks.
-Pete

Neno
'89 "QWIK SHO" - SHO Shop 3.2L Upgrade, 80mm MAF, SHO Shop CAI, LPM, UDP's,
SHO Shop Hi-Flow Y-Pipe, SHO Shop Cat-back, Jr Revs Clutch (dead), SHO Shop
Reinforced Motor Mounts, SHO Shop HD Subframe Mounts, Eibachs, '94 Slicers,
Rod bearings, Super High Output cracklin' speakers w/ subs.... uhh...
To be installed: Midwest 9 Puck, SHOrt Shifter, Painted intake & valve
covers, cams (coming soon)