[Shotimes] rattling cat

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:34:21 -0400

Can't speak for a SLO cat but I have cut the tops off of my cats and removed
the catalysts then welded them back together.
I used a die grinder

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Jon Heese
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:14 PM
To: James F. Ryan III; SHOTimes List
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] rattling cat

I actually thought of this same thing earlier today and came to the same
conclusion: in order to keep backpressure balanced between cylinder banks, I
will need to give them equal attention no matter what I do.

Believe me, if I had the funds to devote to this, I'd much rather do it
right and be done with it.  I was curious what you guys thought of it and
figured I'd test the waters before I decided to take action.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Jon Heese
'95 3.0L SLO

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:14, James F. Ryan III wrote:
> I don't know if that holds true for the 3.0 or 3.8 in your SLO, but
> gutting one cat and having a difference in back pressure between the
> cylinder banks can't be a good thing.

---