[Shotimes] Sensa-Trac vs. KYB

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:52:28 EDT

No, this is not a personal lubricant dilemma, but a question about "OEM
replacement" type struts -- not ready for the full autocross suspension monty right
now, just want to put a fresh load of starch in them floppy old pogo sticks.

I see Rock Auto is selling Monroe Sensa-Tracs and now offering KYB GR-2's for
about the same price (~$55 per corner).  Would appreciate anyone's
experiences and reasons for preferring one vs. the other.

Also I see where the KYBs list #235054 for the front, 235011 for the rear.
Whereas Monroe lists one for the rear, #71616, but two for the front -- 71614
"built to 3/94" vs. 71780 "built from 3/94".  Perhaps someone could explain the
differences between '94 model build dates that would make Monroe offer two
different #s for the fronts when every other strut manufacturer has just one for
the whole year?

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 125k