[Shotimes] help with codes

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:30:05 -0400

Engine is running poorly.  Feels (and sounds) like it's running on 5
cylinders.  It sounds way cool with my SHO Shop cat-back, it has a nice low
V8 rumble.  Engine starts great - almost immediately.  Tach shows a steady
900rpm at idle.  I've only driven it in 1st and reverse (out of and into the
garage) and it does not feel like it's going to stall.

KOEO
code 11 - everything OK

KOER
code 21 - ECT sensor
-Is this the single-wire sensor a little southwest of the thermostat
housing?

code 25 - knock sensor
-I'm ignoring this one because I didn't want to go WOT with all 6 cylinders
not firing.

CYLINDER BALANCE TEST
Told me that cylinders #3 and #6 are "bad"
-Fuel injectors are "new" - cleaned and flow tested by Rich at Cruizin Perf.
-#3 and #6 do not share the same coil, so the coil pack is not suspect
-Coil pack wiring is the proper 5-1, 6-2, 4-3
-So I should be looking at plugs and/or wires, right?
-What is the Motorcraft plug du jour?