[Shotimes] short shifter?

Mike Murphy murphymike@hotmail.com
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:14:35 +0000

I believe mine was $325 shipped....bought about a year ago.   It was a big
sale on shoforum.

I broke my rod shifter around the black plastic that holds the shifter
itself into place (not the black box under the car....this is the plastic
encasement under the console. My shifter rod would just spin in a circle.
There was no way to replace it.  I JB Weld it many times and just bought the
SHO Shifter.   I'm happy I did.

Murph

From: "Mark Mucher" <mmucher@bellsouth.net>
To: "'Mike Murphy'" <murphymike@hotmail.com>, <Shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] short shifter?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:46:24 -0400

Mike,

I guess I missed the whole group buy thing - what were the terms?

Also, you said you broke your rod shifter - "So I either pay $150 for
another used rod shifter or plunk down the money for the SHOrt shifter".

How does this shifter replace the broken rod shifter?  Did you break the top
end (where?) or do you mean you put the old cable shifter back in?

(Don't the old cable shifters get destroyed during replacement?  I remember
when I did my '89 that the instructions said to cut the cables...)

Thanks,

Mark