[Shotimes] (OT) "Rides" on TLC

mkelley1@gt.rr.com mkelley1@gt.rr.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:19:21 -0400

Did anyone watch "Rides" on TLC last night?  The story was about "Eleanor",
the Shelby GT500 from "Gone in Sixy Seconds" and the company in Farmers
Branch, TX that builds replicas.  It was very interesting to watch them
take old junker '67 fastbacks and turn them into Shelbys.  They didn't
mention a price but I'm sure it's up there.  The cars recieve total
renovation inside and out plus the modifications to look like Eleanor.
They also receive a genuine Shelby-built 427 big block making 475HP.  For
those with the extra $$$, you can get the Super Snake which adds a
supercharger good for 725HP.  Because the cars are completely torn down and
rebuilt, they receive a new VIN from Ford and are considered genuine Shelby
Mustangs due to the powerplant and the endorsement from Carroll Shelby
himself.  I'm sure it will repeat so if you get a chance to see, it's worth
it.  For more information on the cars, check out
http://www.uniqueperformance.com.

Mark

http://mail2web.com/ .