[Shotimes] 95 ATX Problems

Christina Casselton ChrisCass@pacbell.net
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:15:49 -0700

I had this problem occur on my 94 ATX several years ago and although it
can mean "bad" things, one easy thing to try is to disconnect the
battery for approximately 5 minutes or so--long enough for all the
memory from everything to be cleared.

I do not know why this helps, but I know for a fact that it does.  Mine
started the very hard 1-2 shift after I ran out of gas once--don't know
the relevance of this either, but that is the circumstances under which
it started.  My brother then helped me do some maintenance work and he
happened to disconnect the battery.  After starting her up again, the
very hard 1-2 shift disappeared completely as the computer re-learned my
driving techniques.

I'm not saying this will fix it--I'm only suggesting that it DID fix
MINE around 30K ago, so IMHO you have nothing to lose by trying it.

I've also read that it can be affected by the VAPS sensor.

Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 8:31 AM
To: 'DAVE'; 'SHO'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] 95 ATX Problems

Gee, thanks Dave (I think)!!!!! ;-)

Although I have never cared to learn anything about SHO ATXs......does
the car happen to have a chip in it and/or a Transgo kit? Just wondering
on how may miles, and if the tranny was rebuilt.

You also mentioned new filter & fluid, wonder if that was the first
maintenance done in eons?

>From what I seem to have read here over the years, a harsh shift not
attributed to a Transgo or a chip is usually "not a good thing".