[Shotimes] Hold it a minute.....was: Re: SHO replacement

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:01:50 -0400

POS?  Well, once again your view is severely skewed by that California
living.  I see plenty of Tauri (and SHOs) that are falling apart at the
seams.  They have rust in inconceivable places, like the middle of a door
panel, as well as the usual places like wheel well openings, the trunklid
edge, around the taillights, and my favorite - anywhere near the rear
license plate.  Of course we can't forget the impossibly rusted on parts of
the undercarriage/suspension/exhaust.

Plain Jane?  The extreme 'aero' styling of the Gen1s?  The 'everything oval'
styling of the Gen3s?  Plain Jane?  If any MY should be called Plane Jane it
would be the very boring, blend-in-with-the-crowd Gen4s.  The Taurus was
never the flagship of the make, it was merely the cash-cow.  If you want the
cow to keep making cash you've got to put a little pizzazz in it, so how can
it be Plane Jane?

Tell you what George, why don't you bring the Lowrider out here for a year
and drive on our weather-ravaged rough roads, and let the car experience the
extreme temps and weather conditions of all 4 seasons.  Then when something
breaks and you need to fix it while lying on the ice-covered ground in 0
degree weather, we'll see how fast your attitude changes.  When you struggle
for 2 hours, in the freezing cold, to remove a single rusted bolt and you
continually smash your frozen and bloodied hand into the same piece of
jagged metal, we'll see how fast the tools start flying through the air.
When the rust begins to deteriorate your pristine new paint job, we'll see
how fast the expletives start to fly at the poor defense-less car.  Finally,
when your famous 5-minute strut removal job now becomes a 5-hour ordeal, the
letters POS will finally enter your lexicon.

Our (east coast) vehicles may be tough to work on and they may fall apart
alot quicker than they do out there, but here are some incentives:  1-we
have plenty of electrical power, 2-we have plenty of drinking water,
3-wildfires - what are they?, and 4-the east coast is NOT about to fall into
the ocean.