Brakes...was: Re: [Shotimes] Part 1...You've never

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:02:31 -0700

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:47:24 -0400, Mark Nunnally wrote:

>Speaking of which George, did Josh have anything to replace your pads with
>at thunderhill, and did you try them out later that day?  I never got to
>talk to you later in the day...

;-)

Does the phrase "zoom, zoom, zoom" mean anything to you!!??

LOL!!

That's what it was....the tan pads that Todd sends to me were what I installed in
the car.  I tried a half worn set of D pads that Josh had available, and they made
ALL the difference.  I went out with Kerby on one of his runs, to see what a SHO
'SHOULD' be able to do on that track, and I was impressed, especially with the
brakes.  I put Josh's brakes on it, and it was the same.  Power, STOMP, shift,
power, STOMP, shift.  No fade!!

The bad news was that on the third session, after installing the brakes, I was
falling asleep on the straights.  Not actually closing my eyes, but my attention was
wandering.  I'd start thinking about dinner at the Cattlemen's, or the banquet, or
whether I got an award in the SHOw, and then here comes a corner!!  Whoa!!!!  So I
didn't run the fourth session.  But I was able to simulate Kerby's line and
patterns, and so I was very happy.  I gave him back his pads, and put on the ones
that I got from Kirk a few months ago....HPS street pads.  Josh said they were very
close to D pads.  They are excellent.....I wish Thunderhill was THIS Wednesday!!!

And...speaking of THAT.....Lowrider saved my bacon yet ANOTHER time yesterday
morning......another post will follow about it.

George