[Shotimes] Need more a/c input, Pls

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:01:26 -0700

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:28:15 -0400, Al&Angela wrote:

>As time
>passes during a normal 15 min. drive to a store it will turn cold again. I
>can hear the A/C kick in when I first turn the car on w/ the hood opened.

That's most likely a small switch called the compressor cycling switch.  It detects
pressure in the system, which must be betweeen certain values, otherwise the
compressor will not turn on, or more accurately, will not be allowed to turn on.

It's over by the passenger's side of the radiator, just outboard of the upper corner
of that.  It is about 26 bucks at NAPA, but I'd let a technician check the pressures
first.

They wear out over time....my Tbird had one fail after 6 months....warranty fixed
it.

George