[Shotimes] So you've never owned a car.......Part 2

Marlene Doyle marlene@uplynx.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

Oh boy,  oh boy......
My favorite subject:  the good, the bad and the ugly about the SHO.
There simply is no other "SHOw around town" , close, but "no cigar"!  It was a prototype of what was to come.
After 1989 Gen I there has been no turning back for the auto industry.....more power, more prowess, more luxury and lots more moola....
Let's give it up to the awesome ones:  the SHO, all it's years, ATX and MTX......tested and prooved to herald in the new autos that came after.
Of course the later performance autos are better.DUH!......but aren't we a little better than our grandparents were, but in the same breath wish we were more like them in some ways......so it goes with the Grandparents of the "fast family car", in many ways the newer  ones are better, but the old SHO is still the Grand Daddy of  Play and Power..
Long live the SHO!

And as far as problems,  Snowwind in a major exception to every rules by SHOstandards, but his reliability is beyond question.....I only changed oil, added fuel and bought lots of tires and an occasional battery for the first 210K miles.......He is still quieter than most peoples new car, I don't care what mfr......
Thus his name.

Marlene P.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/snowwind
1990 White S H O:    Snowwind:  @319K..very stock, very OEM