Fwd: [Shotimes] Overheat - Part II

Bobbonnit1@aol.com Bobbonnit1@aol.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:13:59 EDT

From: Bobbonnit1@aol.com
Full-name: Bobbonnit1
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:02:03 EDT
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Overheat - Part II
To: shotimes-request@autox.team.net

Steve;
  My fans come on when the  needle gets right to the "A" in normal.  This
takes it down to the middle  of the "L'...  My condenser is even smashed a lil
and it still stays plenty  cool. This is just an idea that maybe will tell you
what's going on.  Drain  your system.  Disconnect the upper radiaotor hose at
the radiator, and take  off the cap , and put a garden hose in the radiator.
Turn the water on  just a lil. Wait till the thermostat opens and then watch
the flow coming  out. Keep an eye on the temp guage. Watch just how much water
is coming out of  the upper hose.  You might have some cloggage in the block
with that many  miles ..You never know, but considering you're still having
troubles,  a  low flow would indicate cloggage or water pump.  Did you try just
hot  wiring the fans and leaving them on all the time to see how hot she got?  I
 haven't read all the replys to your problem , so some of these ideas might
have  already been suggested. And then again, they might not tell you
diddlysquat.  good luck!