[Shotimes] Help! Battery hitting idler pulley

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:26:22 -0400

Shot motor mounts and or subframe bushings. Possible massive subframe
misalignment too?

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX
*	93 Black ATX - parts
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Edward Mazurek
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 10:17 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Help! Battery hitting idler pulley

Hi...

95 mtx...

I did a whole bunch of maintenance last year (sensors, water pump, timing
belt, belts, plugs, all hoses, etc.) and when I went to put the battery it
is hit the idler pulley and cut through the bottom of it.

I couldn't figure out why, all of the sudden, this was occuring.
When I reinstalled the battery tray it went in the same place I think. It
can onnly be installed one way so I don't think I screwed it up. So, I put a
3/8" piece of plywood under the battery to move it up a bit. Well, that
"fix" worked until last week when I suspect my son who is a little "heavy in
the foot" drove it. The bottom of the battery got cut again (even with the
piece of plywood installed) and dump one cell's worth of acid on the belts
and pulleys. The alt. belt then broke.

Any ideas as to why the bottom of the battery is now hitting the idler
pulley? One, thing, I did change the battery at the time to a new one. It
fits in the try just fine so I don't think that's it.

Any help is apprecciated!

Thanks,

Ed Mazurek