[Shotimes] Redundant radio control

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:29:52 -0500

Frank:
 That's a great idea! I have seen several different write ups and have tried
several different types of fixes myself. I have an adapter to allow the
remote buttons to work my Sony ES head unit. But the logic seems to get lost
or screwed up at different times. I thought it was the remote buttons fault
but after buying a new one ($65!) with no change. Even had the adapter
changed out under warrantee with no change. After my fixes they usually work
fine for a short while. The volume control seems to stay working no matter
what? But the seek is the worst and then sometimes the memory button does
not work also. For awhile I was pretty sure the problems were heat related
but don't know? I am STILL looking for the correct bulb for this. Please
post to the list if you find it or a substitute.
.

> Quick question for everyone--when your redundant radio control fails,
which button is it that fails?  I finally figured out what was wrong with
mine (and the junkyard replacement) and was able to figure out how to fix
it.  It seems to be an inherent flaw in the design, which is why I think
that everyone is having a problem with the "seek" button only.  Am I right?
I'll try to put together a repair write-up for the Shotimes FAQ.  I just
love solving problems like this!

> On a related note, does anyone happen to know the voltage and wattage of
the lamp in this switch?  I think it's 12V, but don't know the wattage.  I
suppose it's easy enough to get a couple from the
junk...oops--recycler/dismantler.