[Shotimes] Brake Bleeding (master cylinder & hcu) Questions

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:08:43 -0500

Heikki:
 You should NOT have gotten air in the HCU. It is a sealed system separate
from the regular hydraulics. It is a good idea to bleed the HCU because the
conventional bleeding does NOT change any of the fluid in the ABS. I think
you still have air in the system. Sometimes the M/C must be bench bleed
before installation when new. So maybe you will have trouble getting all the
air out. I would just keep bleeding it and get the regular brakes back to
normal before messing with anything on the ABS. Only the dealer can cycle or
bleed the ABS properly. I have the aftermarket test box that works great!
The ABS is really not "bled". All the tester does is cycle the pump to draw
in fresh fluid from the reservoir. That's the big hose that comes off the
side of the M/C. And then discharges the old back into the system. So you
then need to rebleed the brakes to get this contaminated fluid out! Ford I
think over complicates the bleeding procedure.
.
.
.