[Shotimes] Re: curb-impact damage to RWD

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:44:56 EDT

Well VO, if it hit hard enough to bend the axle, you better check if the
punkin is still centered too.  Seen lots of stock cars with the whole rear end
knocked east or west after whacking the wall.  Try and measure if the right rear
wheel sticks out farther towards the edge of the wheelwell than the left.

Best of luck,

Mark LaBarre
94 ATX 127k

We are now thinking that the hub/axle (they're a single piece, it seems) is
bent.  We put the rear up, pulled both rear wheels, calipers, and rotors,
and it's obvious the right rear hub is askew.  I guess we're looking at an
axle and maybe a seal or two