[Shotimes] RE: Motor mount was AC compressor

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

Kris
I never replaced the motor mounts in an ATX before but
I am aware of where they are located and what they
look like. I did do the MTX a few times (mine and
others) but there is generally more clearance to do
things on an MTX.

If you decide to do this yourself, you will need to
jack up the car and either lower the subframe slightly
by loosening the SF bolts and/or jacking the motor up
a bit by jacking it under the oil pan. It's a matter
of finesse and jamming fingers, wrenches/sockets into
areas that are not easily seen. It's really not that
bad of a job but will take some patience. It's most
easily done with the passenger side wheel well cover
removed which means you'll also have to pull that
wheel. Is the front motor or the rear mount broken?
How do you know it's bad? Any rub marks on the intake
manifold from rubbing on the hood?

good luck
Ian