[Shotimes] Re-enforced Motor Mounts

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:06:57 -0400

How do I say this without bashing and trying to promote myself????????

OK very simple, there is only ONE mount that the rubber that moves in the
stock mount is secured and will not move. Both styles of Joshes and Dougs do
not do this, the SS's are not even worth looking at (big surprise). Joshs
are the Best ones for a stock car with no doubt as they will handle nicely a
decent 3.2 with some small stuff. Mine are somewhat over kill and wont let
hurdders motor move 1" which tells me that 419hp to the ground should tear
most mounts apart. I have them in my 3.2 with a Metallic clutch, Fidanza and
a few other small things and its rough working with this combo , and I
almost left the car in PA in traffic because of the clutch and my mounts
neither giving a bit makes for a HUGE pain in the ass.

I don't sell new ones as the cost of a new mount from Ford then reinforcing
them would be too much (in my eyes) and I would feel bad selling mounts for
that money.. I take cores in from people and rebuild them 100% with
reinforcing. Essentially you get new mounts, all reinforced and the last
mount you will ever need even with 12-15-18 lbs of boost and 200hp shot of
NOS. Turn around time is usually a couple of weeks providing I get good
cores. This has been the problem though, I get cores that are completely
torn in half and cant do them, then the owner gets pissed because they cant
see nothing wrong with the mount. (you should see some of these!!)

SO I no longer take mounts in a rotation type of deal, where the cores
rotate to the next guy for quickness.. Now if someone sends me cores they
get those back.. Works better for me as there is much less "stuff" to deal
with that way.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White