[Shotimes] trailer hitch

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:39:22 -0500

Doug:
 I got mine from a junkyard and needed some special hardware. The yard guy
"helped" me remove the hitch. I should have known! They got out the torch
and cut every last bolt off! Some help! I can't find any reason for the
difference except the SHO is NOT rated to tow from Ford. I don't think it
has anything to do with the hitch fitting the car.
 Anyway the hitch that U-haul sells is made by Valley industries in Lodi,CA.
209-368-8881. I have the model 66550 on my 93 ATX. Here is the application
for our SHO's:
http://www.valleyorders.com/Public/Applications/Default.htm
These are great people. I called them up and ask for a hardware kit. They
had it in stock and then sent it out free of charge on their own postage!!
Another nice thing is that with a 1 1/4" receiver they have a wide array of
draw bars with differing drops and rises. Sometimes finding the proper 1
1/4" receiver setup is not easy.
.
.

> hey all
> i'm getting back in the habit of wrecking mountain bikes, so naturally i
need a way to transport my bikes,, due to the overwhelming cost of roof
racks, i decided to opt for the trailer hitch option (i had a trunk rack on
my old SHO that left my paint unhappy),, i looked on ebay just to see if
there was a hitch for it by chance, but the only one on there said it was
for all tauruses/sables but not the SHO,, does anyone know what kind i need
or how much it will cost for me to get one? it doesn't have to be able to
take too much weight, since my hitch mount rack only holds two bikes,, FYI i
also have flowmasters installed in basically the same place as the factory
mufflers,, i don't know if that would get in the way,, maybe that's a good
excuse for a new muffler setup :)