[Shotimes] Vibration

David Nesbit bdnesbit@sc.rr.com
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:43:43 -0400

I need your collective help.  I have a "vibration".  I don't know what else to
call it.  I feel like the vibration or feel of a warped rotor when applying
the brakes. Only this vibration does not occur when braking.  It happens when
beginning to move in 1st gear.  I feel it in the accelerator pedal mostly.  I
can feel in faintly in 2nd it I get on it hard.  I don't know if it is in the
wheel or tranny.  It seems to be on the passenger side.  I jacked up the right
side and there is no movement in the wheel in the 6-12 position as a bearing
might present.  I did however find a very slight movement in the half-shaft.
If I grab it and try to shake it the passenger side half-shaft will move just
slightly.  I do not know if this is a normal condition.  The half-shaft is new
(not rebuilt).  I have only had it for a thousand miles or so.  This problem
started after I replaced all struts, springs, spring seats and bearings ( the
works).  I used the NAPA springs and Monroe senso-matic struts.
    Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.  BTW this is a 91.  My old
springs were sagging. Old springs and struts were OEM.
    TIA.
David
94ATX&91