[Shotimes] Oil blow-by?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:15:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

One reason that can happen is that the valve cover gaskets under those
shiny silver dollar covers (I know there is a better technical term) can
leak oil eventually.  Over time, the engine will look pretty grungy from
that problem.

I just used a pressure washer in that area to clean up the front part of
the engine.  I'm keeping an eye on this problem now because the Valvoline
MaxLife might be helping with the leak.  Mine is  leaking on both the
front and backside of the engine.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo