[Shotimes] Brake pads

kickinsho kickinsho@charter.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:03:54 -0500

Thanks to all who have replied.  I DO appreciate everyone's input and
experience.  I have decided to go with the OEM.  Yes, I found three sets in
Ohio and I am getting them for $49/set.  Thanks to B&B Ford in Sheboygan
Falls, WI.  They did get me the OEM for the other car too.  The parts guy
reminded me.

FWIW, I only use my '93 for "cruising" so to speak.  She doesn't, and won't
see any track time.  That's for the '91's, which will more than likely see
the brake upgrade Kirk!  ;^)

Thanks a bunch, again!!!

Kris

'91 White Plus
'93 Ultra Red ATX

"Women Who Behave Never Make History"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Kegel" <d.kegel@comcast.net>
To: <TechSHO@topica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Brake pads

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSb1dhxAb7wrvsa/OmahaSteaks

Kris,

If you want a good performing pad, get the Performance Friction Carbon
Metallic pads from AutoZone.  If you don't want to deal with the dust,
Raybestos makes a ceramic pad called Quiet Stop that work great (quiet,
virtually dust free).  Both are lifetime warranty.  I wouldn't bother
with any Ford or Motorcraft pads for the '89 - '93 brakes.  They are
more expensive and do not perform as well.  And I should know, I've worn
completely through brand new pads in about two hours of track time with
the 10" brakes.  :)

Dave Kegel