[Shotimes] CODE HELP

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:29:15 -0500

IDM is generated by the DIS and sent back to the PCM. It is an echo /
reply to the SPOUT signal that comes from the PCM to the DIS, telling
the PCM that the DIS just fired the coil. Check the archives for my post
that describes which pins in the PCM and DIS connectors to check.

212 is the same thing my 92 is suffering from, even after changing out
every part of the ignition and testing out each circuit. I haven't bit
the bullet yet and taken it anywhere. If you get yours resolved, please
let the list know what it was!

Justin Schick
silver 92 SHO in KC MO
205k and counting quickly

>>> "Kevin & Cheryl Airth" <clubairth@peoplepc.com> 5/16/2004 10:31:16
PM >>>
Grant:
 Is your car running OK?  The 214 is the camshaft sensor and usually
causes
hard starting and some random engine problems. The 212-loss of
ignition
Diagnostic Monitor input to the ECA/ SPOUT Grounded. Maybe the DIS
module?
172,173 is just the rear O2 sensor. You might have oil in the plug
wells on
the back cylinders. I would pull a wire and see if it's wet.  I would
change
both O2 sensors anyway unless you know how many miles are on them.

332 is the EGR. I think ALL ATX SHO's get plugged up eventually. The
EGR
passages get plugged with carbon and need to be reamed out. Also check
the
rubber hoses going to the silver box bolted to the back of the intake.
This
is the DPFE. Sometimes with age these hoses get holes or break. A real
common blockage point are the "nostrils" behind the throttle body. Take
off
the TB and in each side of the intake tunnels on the bottom will be a
1/4"
hole. This is the EGR passage and it must be clear to the port where
the EGR
valve hooks up.

 Clear the codes first and see what returns. Are you getting a check
engine
light?
.
.

> i got 172,173,332, 212 and 214
> i think 172 / 3 are both 02 sensors, but the 214 cyl. ID whats that ?
and
the