[Shotimes] Well, I did it (bye bye SHO, hello STi)

cmichaelo@optonline.net cmichaelo@optonline.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:30:38 -0400

Well, let me chime in.

I've thought about replacing my SHO a lot, but everytime I get half way serious about it, I always revert to keeping the SHO...I guess since I've put so much money and effort into it. And to a large extent it's no longer a Ford car, it's part Michael, part Ford and part Yamaha...and I'm constantly working on increasing the Michael fraction. And when it does drive and nothing is seriously wrong with it, I am soo happy. There's nothing like driving in something that you had a part in creating.

Nevertheless, there are a couple of other cars that I've been looking at for a while.

Audi S4:
I like the old Audi S4, and it was only a matter of poor timing from the dealer sice 2 years ago that I'm not the owner of a Nogaro Blue S4 today. I don't like the new S4. I think because it's not as much a drivers car as the old one was.  It's become a bit too soft and cushy.

BMW M3:
I didn't like the E36 M3. But the E46 M3 is a jewel. Most likely this is the car I'll get next. I wish it would come with better seats though.

Porsche 911:
This is my dream car. But with all the options (body kit, upgraded wheels, lowered seats, sport exhaust, etc) it's like close to $80k and I don't know, this is just too much. And then it's probably ultra expensive to upgrade and work on this car. And why work on it, it's already perfect...

Nah, it's much more satisfactory driving in my SHO, when it does drive and when nothing is seriously wrong with...oh yes, I already said that earlier, but just in case you didn't know...yeah right!

Michael Olsen
94MTX,green,BOS+