[Shotimes] FW: [SHOklahoma] Spare parts SHO?

Kirk J Doucette kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:11:49 -0700

FYI

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "jason brown" <shoklahoma@hotmail.com>
To: shoklahoma@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 04:27:36 -0500
Subject: [SHOklahoma] Spare parts SHO?
Hey folks,

Looks like the SHO has met an unfortunate end.  Last Monday in the rain,
the
back end swung out and I clipped the front driver side on a bridge
embankment.  Took out the front headlight and crumpled the fender a bit.

>From the two estimates that I got, the lower of the two was $2450.  I
imagine the insurance company will total it.  But before I speak at
length
with them, I thought I'd check to see if anyone was just in dire need of
running parts car.  That's the one saving grace is that the car still
runs
like a bandit.  Just upset I didn't install my new set of tires earlier
and
the whole episode could probably have been avoided.

>From what the insurance company said, they tend to go by the average NADA

and for this '91 with 170k that comes out to $2800.  My deductible is
$500,
so I figure if anyone wanted the car for around $2300 I'd be more than
happy
to know that her parts are going to good use rather than rotting
somewhere
in a junkyard.

For those who don't know, the interior is about as mint as I've seen for
'91.  Interior is black with the cloth/leather seats which seem to hold
up
much better than the full (perforated) leather seats.  Exterior is Oxford

White.  Has a rod shifter.  Also has a rather "unique" (as Donald says,
it
sounds like a low flying Cessna) exhaust that exits out the passenger
side
rather than the "dummy" dual exhaust.  Also has the plastic hood, but the

leading edge of that got scuffed pretty good in the accident.  Body shop
said it could be refinished.  Oh, the car also has a set of konis mounted
on
the front.  Engine still runs very strong and the tranny is in fine shape
as
far as I know.  Clutch was replaced about two years ago.

It would still be a great winter car, but not great for summer driving as

the A/C hasn't worked in the last 3 years.  Could be as simple as
removing
the spacers for the A/C clutch in which case I'd kick myself for not
doing
it sooner.  Also the air bag light started flashing on me a few months
ago.
10 blinks which seems to indicate a bad sensor, but I haven't had the
time
or inclination to mess with it.

Anyhow for the $2300, I'll throw in the catless y pipe and the extra set
of
slicer wheels.  I'm sure this is still very steep for a parts car, but I
can't let it go for less than insurance is willing to pay.

If there are no takers, it's no big deal.  But I couldn't let her go
without
notifying everyone first.  I'll probably have more specifics after I get
the
process going with the insurance company tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jason Brown

If interested, you can e-mail me at shoklahoma@hotmail.com