[Shotimes] Suspension? Advice

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:50:16 -0700

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:27:32 -0500, Beisler Jonathon wrote:

> You could actually feel the cupping as well as visually see it on
>the original tires, but the newer ones feel flat and even.  Can this be an
>illusion created by warped rotors?  I don't know anything about suspensions,
>really.
>If any of you all have any ideas about this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a lot of information for you (in my head) about suspension, and how to make
it perform, and behave.

I have to go to work...I'll get it out to the list as soon as possible.

Basically, the problem you are having is with alignment.  Too much negative camber,
where the wheel tilts in towards the car at the top, is the reason tires will cup.
The cupping occurs on the inside of the tread.  Some tires are more succeptable to
it than others, depending on their tread design.  From the factory, my '90 REALLY
ate up tires on the inside, especially in the rear.  Rotating them helps, but the
proper alignment is what you need.

More later..

George and the Lowrider.....272,000 miles, and 60-70K on a set nowadays.