[Shotimes] SHOw

John Stout sho_man1@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

Harbour Freight, buy a jack, buy 4 good jack stands, or find a really good detail shop

Christina Casselton <ChrisCass@pacbell.net> wrote:Bill--I really thank you for all the tips and the "heads-up" on what you
will be checking for.

I just have one question for you. What do you do if you lived in an
apartment complex where youi didn't have any "driveway", and further, if
the only jack you have is the scissors jack that comes with the donut
spare, and let alone 4 jack stands??

What I'm basically asking is, how would you get the underside clean
otherwise? I don't think any car washes will help with that will they?

Thanks in advance for your tips and helpful advice.

Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bill Strobel
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:44 AM
To: Times List SHO
Subject: [Shotimes] SHOw

I will be in charge of the judging for the Car SHOw
again this year. As such I thought I would give out
some helpful hints.
First off I always get asked the question Are you
really going to judge the under-carriage and
suspension? The simple answer is yes we really are.
I dont know why guys have a problem keeping the
underside as clean as the topside when it really isnt
all that hard a job. The easiest thing to do is put
the car on 4 jack stands in your driveway, remove all
the wheels, spray Simple Green in all the wheel wheels
and all over the suspension and floor pan, wait 10-15
min rinse with a hose repeat as necessary. After the
spray use Simple Green and a rag to remove any
difficult spots and youre done. It really is that
simple. Pay particular attention to the floor pan and
the part of the rocker panel that curls under, out of
site.

John Stout
90 Titanium (Cone Killer)
97 SF
WELDED

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.  Orwell